About Bethel Church
Bethel is a group of ordinary people living openly with God. This relationship results in loving care of family, neighbor, community and one another. We think being connected with God through faith in Jesus Christ is life’s highest priority and greatest good!
People from all walks of life connect at Bethel – children, seniors, teenagers, college students, singles and families. We welcome, equally, those who are simply curious to know more about God and the message of the Bible, as well as those who are really looking for a place to belong.
What are our roots?
We are an evangelical Christian fellowship embracing historic Christian teaching.
All Protestant churches ultimately trace their heritage back to the historic teachings of the reformation. At Bethel, we align ourselves with the teachings of the Lutheran Reformation, due to the clarity with which these help us understand God’s Word. Specifically, we are affiliated with the Church of the Lutheran Brethren of America, headquartered in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. We attract both un-churched people as well as people from various church backgrounds because, while we affirm our Lutheran heritage, we choose to emphasize our common love for Christ and passion for sharing Him with all.
What is important to us?
Emphasis is placed on saving faith in Jesus Christ and the expression of that faith lived out in everyday life.
Our core values are:
- Spiritual conversion resulting in a personal, living faith in Jesus Christ
- Bible Study and prayer – in small groups, families and individually
- Living as witnesses to Christ’s redeeming love in our community
- Equipping God’s people for ministry in our church and community
- Encouraging and strengthening families
- Preaching that is Christ-centered, Biblical and engaging
- Worship that is welcoming, vibrant and in the spirit of celebrating God
- Living life free in Christ and obedient to God’s Word
- Supporting Christian mission endeavors around the world
How are we fulfilling our mission?
- By preaching sermons that build a bridge between the message of the Bible and people’s lives
- By administering the sacraments (Baptism, Lord’s Supper) through which God gives and strengthens faith in Christ
- By nurturing living, growing faith in children and adults through the study of God’s Word, engagement in ministry opportunities and fellowship
- By training ministry volunteers and apprentices for serving the Lord
- By seeking to understand our culture and employ new methods to effectively communicate Christian truth
- By supporting mission endeavors around the world